Pages

Thursday 18 March 2021

 I was sulking. The walls were covered in to do notes. I sat with Mum in her stuffy office on a hot afternoon.


“Go and do your work.” Mum stared at me unconcerned. Unconcerned because she was not interested in my drama. “Go do your work drama queen!” she shouted louder: she shoved the brush into my side. The angry door slapped me in the face.

“Hey did you just slap me?” I said to myself as I hit the door back.

“Anna, what are you doing?”

“Nothing!” I quickly started to pretend that I was doing my work; others wouldn’t have made this error. “I finished my job!” I yelled as I opened my ipad.

“Shut that down.”

“But… I finished my job.”

“We’ve had a fight about this sooooo many times.” she responded vaguely. 


After a while, I felt so bored. I picked up my balloon and BOOM! The balloon popped. “Be quiet.” Mum  instantly yelled. I walked to the back. Holy sh** I just realised I didn’t clean the corner.


I hurried and took the broom. I ran as fast as I could to get the water. I thought I still had time but it was late. Stop the train. Her dark shadow loomed: smothered me completely just like how I sit under the Puriri tree. 

By remarkable student working hard from room 11 

No comments:

Post a Comment