Pages

Friday 14 February 2020

WALT: Use descriptions to make writing interesting

I fell off my bike and the concrete smelt like wet dog. I looked at my clothes and they ended up getting wet from the grass edge. When I tried to pull my bike up, my hand got hot on the handle of the bike so I dropped it on my foot! I heard my mum calling out to me. She asked me if I was alright. I could taste the grass. There were bits in my mouth. I heard the chain still spinning then I felt the coldness of my clothes. I looked at my bike and said “You dumb bike!” Mud was stuck in my teeth. I smelt the oil on my chain. It smelt disgusting.

By Jade

It was library time. The smell of books flew up my nostrils. The room was filled with silence. Books surrounded me as I tried to choose one. Crispy pages crunched as I flicked through. From behind a giant pile of books, an ice cold breeze swooped down onto me giving me goosebumps all over. I hugged my book in the dark corner as it started to pour with rain. There was nowhere else to go.

By Nivanna

1 comment:

  1. That's fantastic description the next thing you can try doing is use more interesting vocab.

    ReplyDelete